To qualify for consideration, PebbleTec pool builders must provide:
- It is highly recommended that a professional photographer (with a DSLR camera and tripod) be used for all photography to ensure the highest quality image possible. If a professional photographer is being used, please make sure that either (1) you are the copyright owner of the photograph, or (2) if the photographer is retaining the copyrights in the photograph, that the photographer understands how PTI will use the photograph and consents to such use. Please see the “Legal” section on the application form. Due to the high-quality printing of this oversized book (winning pools are printed at an impressive 22 inches wide), all images must have a very high resolution. Therefore, photos must be taken with a 24MP (or larger) DSLR camera with a MINIMUM native image size of approximately 6000 pixels wide x 4000 pixels high.
- Photos must be provided in landscape format (not portrait).
- All submitted photos must feature pools created using Pebble Technology International finishes. (Including PTI Fire & Water or Lightstreams Tiles is a bonus.)
- Photos must NOT show any hoses in the pool or pool/yard cleaning tools around the pool.
- Photos must NOT include any people.
- JPEG, TIF and RAW file formats are acceptable.
- Up-sampling lower resolution images with Photoshop or other software does not produce a quality image and will NOT be accepted.
- Smartphone photos (Apple, Android, etc.) will NOT be accepted.
- Drone images must be taken with a 24MP Camera or they will NOT be accepted.
- It is highly recommended that a professional photographer (with a DSLR camera and tripod) be used for all photography to ensure the highest quality image possible.
- Photos should be taken at the optimal time of day to showcase the most appealing aspects of the pool. (Typically, afternoon or twilight photos are best, though some pools that are surrounded by trees are better photographed in the morning or mid-day.)
- Avoid shooting on cloudy or overcast days.
- Avoid shooting late at night, as pool lights may skew the water color, making it unappealing.
Check the “Permission to Use” box to indicate that you have granted PTI full permission to freely use all images and support statements in marketing materials, social media and/or website.
(NOTE: This is required to qualify for judging.)
- List the builder location, NOT the pool location. If the builder has multiple locations, use the associated pool office location.
- List finish type and color: Standard PTI, rather than custom, colors are recommended.
- Flag all PebbleTec Fire & Water features, Belgard pavers/hardscape, Moisture Shield decking and Lightstreams glass tile elements.
- Check whether the pool is a new build or remodel. (NOTE: All pool remodels must be significant projects of excellent craftsmanship, affecting pool finish as well as other elements.)
- Describe why you chose PTI for this project. (Please be specific on what you liked most—whether product beauty, durability, consistency, onsite quality assurance support, consumer request or something else.)
- Describe your inspiration for this project.
- Describe what was innovative or particularly challenging about this project.
- Note: All requested information must be 100% complete or your submission cannot be accepted for judging. All information is considered correct and final at your submission.
2023 World’s Greatest Pools Submission Form
The 2023 submission period is now open! All submissions must be received by February 15, 2023—and must meet ALL requirements on our criteria page to qualify for judging by our professional industry panel.
For questions about this contest, please feel free to call us at 480-467-4006. We’re here to help!